Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sally Lunn Bread

Life's been having its way with Sally and I for the past month.  We've honestly been too busy wrapped in our own little worlds to contemplate baking anything.  Except, we did make cookies.  Once.  Though there's no evidence left of them, so it's like it never happened at all...


Since I took the time to bake this bread, I figured I might as well take the time to photograph it (with my awful phone camera, in the horrible lighting of my kitchen) before we scarf it down.  Because it is just that good.  Luckily the recipe is quite simple and perfect for days when you have tons of work to do.  You can find it here, on Smitten Kitchen's blog, and I'm not going to take the time to write it all out myself because I'm lazy this girl's got tons of work to do and not much time to do it in.  I did make some modifications, but none of them were particularly life-changing or awe-inspiring... at least, not enough to convince me to type out the directions.

I will say one thing.  Yes, you can make bread in a 9" pie pan.  Yes, that is what I did.  Yes, I did cut the recipe in half just in case it overflowed (which it obviously is nowhere close to doing).  If you don't have a bread pan and would still like to make this bread, please don't let a silly little thing like not having a bread pan stop you. Just remember to adjust the baking time and check often.

No comments:

Post a Comment